Why I Am Writing This Blog...

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains—from where does my help come? My help comes from Adonai, Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1&2 {TLV}

I have tasted of freedom, I can go where He's leading
For shackles can hold me no more.
I have learned of life's essence, for I stand in His Presence,
And sing with my heart, He is Lord


There was a post that was posted to my timeline once on Facebook last year and it said something to the effect that, if I am speaking about things that have happened in my past that I must be continuing to live there and that I need to get over it and move forward.

Well first and foremost let me start out by stating for the record; that I am totally past my past and the voices that once haunted me, haunt me no more. I have made peace with God and I have forgiven where forgiveness has been required in order to heal and move forward. But here’s the key…

While Paul states in Philippians 3:13{TLV}…forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, he also makes this statement in Ephesians 2:2 {TLV}; At that time, you walked in the way of this world… Paul was reminding the Ephesian Christians of their past and the ways in which they lived. He was wanting to get them to remember so they could better understand where God had brought them from and to where He was leading them; and therefore have a testimony and a witness to the grace and mercy of God’s enduring love. “But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 2:4-7 {NASB}

So; why have I decided to begin to write this blog? Because of the countless silent voices of the past and the present (and those yet to come) who have been beaten down, abused, and were left broken by a religious system, whose leaders somehow got caught up in their own makings and failed to care for the very ones that God had entrusted to their care…

Because of recent events in the media and on social net work, the revealing of more victims of this sort of abuse that are now finding their voice and speaking up…

Because my heart goes out to these victims because I was once there…

Because I am concerned for those who have left and are now struggling to find their way. And not just in the day to day living but getting past and breaking free from all the false ideas that they have believed in for so long. Breaking free from fear of what will happen to them because they chose to leave; again false ideas placed in the psyche by those in abused leadership “authority” roles...

Because we are living on the very edge of time when Christ will soon return and I am concerned for those who continue to struggle to find their way back into a RELATIONSHIP with God through Jesus Christ His Son...

Because through talking to a family member who also knows, cares, and understands brought confirmation that it is time to be silent no more.

There are days filled with sorrow and plans for tomorrow,
But this is the time I must sing.
And I know there's a reason why in His own season,
God gives me a song I can sing.

Comments

  1. love your insight into Paul's teaching about Christ, God has been with you through it all, and now you are a ray of light to those struggling in the darkness of abuse and a pseudo-gospel. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula,
    Thanks you for this blog. I too was raised UPC and this is so much on track with what I have experienced also. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bible School Days...

Time For Healing Begins...

Short Stint in Ontario And One More Year In Quebec...